Our Environmental PolicyAt LGS we are always thinking about the environment and finding ways to reduce our impact on the amazing mountain playground where we choose to live and work. Here are just a few of the things we do:
- Support and donate to Montagne Verte, a local non-profit organisation which promotes and develops sustainability.
- Use our mountain experience and knowledge to discuss and improve environmental issues in the Alps.
- Use uniform suppliers with a strong sustainability policy. We currently buy Arc'teryx equipment.
- Use a renewable energy electricity supplier for our office.
- Partake in Carbon Literacy training, using POW (Protect Our Winters).
- Car-share where possible.
We also recognise that skiing unfortunately has a negative effect on the environment but there are so many things we can do in order to reduce our carbon footprint when it comes to ski holidays and skiing.
Les Gets, where we spend most of our working winter, also has a strong Eco Tourism policy. It's fantastic to ski in a resort which really cares for the mountains and continually implements ways of reducing its carbon footprint.
We love to spread the word and talk about solutions to help preserve our beautiful mountain spaces. Tim Scott who runs LGS has recently written the following article which was published in the Winter 2020/21 edition of the local Morzine Source Magazine:
If you would like to find out more about ways you can reduce your carbon footprint on your next ski holiday, please feel free to email Tim for more information.
VIEW THE GALLERY